Sunday, April 17, 2011

Zhang Jinga--Fashion Photographer

Most of you know by now that I am a college student studying apparel merchandising. I sometimes am a little ashamed to tell people that ask me what I'm school for. Apparel merchandising ("fashion merchandising" as some like to call it -- even though that's not what it's called (at LSU at least)) is often viewed as a bunch of materialistic girls that like clothes and shopping. Yes, we like clothes. Yes, we like shopping, but that isn't what all it's about. One of my professors refers to us as dirty little mechanics that keep the glamorous car running. Our job is sometimes far from glamorous. We have our good times, but most of the time it's the hard work, behind the scenes stuff that people don't realize.


Which leads me to my next idea. I hope to find people in the fashion biz, and highlight them here on Odelma. Expose to you their behind the scenes job, and give you just a little insight into what they do and what it takes to produce the fabulous fashion you love. Meet Zhang Jinga.



Zhang Jinga is a photography from Singapore. Her work is breath taking and I can't wait for you to see more of her pictures. I'll let her about me (taken from her site) tell you a little more about her background and who she works with.


"At only 22, her portfolio has expanded to include names like MontBlanc, Canon, LancĂ´me, Pond's, Wacom, Random House Publishing, as well as Elle and many other international publications.

The success of her work has brought her to shoot in Paris, London, New York and Tokyo in just the short span of three years since turning professional.

In April 2010, in conjunction with the annual fashion festival and supported by Canon, 50 of Jingna's works were displayed in a large-scale street exhibition in Singapore's premium shopping district—Orchard Road. The exclusive showcase marked the first of its kind in Singapore."

Bravo!

Find more of Zhang Jinga's work on her site, facebook, blog, and twitter

4 comments:

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Can I just say that I love that you are studying apparel merchandising! I studied fashion merchandising and LOVED it! LOVE these pics by the way as well so so pretty!

Meet Virginia Design
Check out my $50 Giveaway from Apothica! FREE makeup friends!

Dawn Trest said...

What a great idea! Love these photos, too :)

Oh, and thanks for your sweet reply to my email...it made my day!

Rhianne said...

I think its the same for most jobs that sound glamourous and fun... I did interior design for my degree and I have never worked so hard in my life...

ashleyTIA said...

She is only 22?? How inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails