Last time I visited Mattie's blog, I gave some ideas for different takes on the traditional movie night. This time I have complied a list of some inexpensive dates, that just focus on spending time together.
01. Build a fort in your living room and watch a movie, the fort building will definitely be the funnest part, you will have to get creative and work together.
02. Work a puzzle together. You can even spend the morning browsing yard sales for one that you love, which can be a lot of fun.
03. Decorate a cake together. You can get really creative and make fun shapes like a heart, or even a cheeseburger (which your guy will love).
04. Visit the library in the home decor section, flip through the books looking at pictures and find ideas for your dream home.
05. Write out your love story together.
06. Decorate t-shirts together, you can use an older one and some fabric paint and get creative. Write your favorite love quote out, make a list of reasons you love each other, or try to draw the other person.
07. Visit a museum together, sometimes they even have nights when you can get in for free.
08.Take your laptop and drive out into the country and have your own 'drive-in' movie on a picnic blanket, or a truck bed if you can. (make sure the laptop battery is fully charged!)
09. Start a small garden in your backyard.
10. Give them a gift, a huge box, full of things you would need for a date; spaghetti and other dinner ingredients, a coupon book for things like one free back rub, a movie, a blanket to cuddle with, and whatever else you can think of.
11. Buy a paint by numbers set, they are very inexpensive and can be found at most all craft stores and in toy sections.
12. Pretend you have no more electricity, light some candles and come up with fun games to play or things to talk about.
What's your favorite way to spend time with your loved one?